Sunday, February 20, 2011
Singing, singing all the day!
There are 2 girls who live at our house who love to sing, a big one and a little one. This is a song we sing every week in nursery; it helps me to learn everyone's name. When we sing it, we pat our knees on the downbeat and clap on beat 2. Elizabeth LOVES it! Periodically during the day, she will sit down and start patting her knees, which is her way of requesting this song.
Her other favorite songs are How Firm A Foundation, which she requests by singing the opening interval, which is a perfect fourth, and Deck the Halls, which she requests by saying, "La la la!" Just like a singing pig. (If you can name the book, I'll know we are kindred spirits.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
No, no! you say. That isn't right! The pigs say, "oink" all day and night.
She makes me chuckle
It's quiet now, what do you say??? My oldest always says "Choo, choo" after I say that line.
Moo Baa LaLaLa! I love ALL Sandra Boynton's books!! :)
We love Sandra Boynton too! though I think our favorite might just be the "Bee bo" book :). It's so fun to keep up with you through your blog.
Post a Comment