Monday, April 16, 2012

Something to report

Despite a late surge in contractions, culminating in Mrs. M's water breaking just as she was placed on the operating table, we still had to have a c-section. Dilating only to 1 cm was not enough to justify putting off the delivery any longer (42 weeks + 1 day). At 9 lbs 2 oz, 20.5 inches, I suppose it was for the best.


Emily Carmen and Mom



The whole family (minus Mr. M at the camera)



Elizabeth insisted on holding the baby again and again. " I hold emee. That's my sista. I hold her."

Monday, April 09, 2012

Nothing to report

My due date has come and gone, and my mom leaves Thursday to go visit my brother and s-i-l, who is due this week. She will probably have her baby before I do - bah! Here I am at 41 weeks (yesterday):


I have another appointment with my doctor tomorrow. I guess we'll have to come up with a plan if I don't go into labor on my own.

In good news, Mr. M is turning in a draft of his dissertation today, the defense is set, and we have purchased tickets for Los Angeles! Maybe when he clicks "send", it will trigger a huge contraction in my body, my water will break, and labor will kick in! One can always hope.