Elizabeth helped me clean up this morning by climbing up into each chair, inspecting the dishes, and feeding herself the remaining baked oatmeal from each bowl. I decided to be pleased about it and told myself that she's developing independence and responding to her own needs.
We wandered upstairs and spent a good ten minutes laughing while she gave me high fives and I cheered, "Woo!" She looked at books, climbed on me, played with blocks...
When we came back down, it was snack time, and I learned that Elizabeth's love for bananas surpasses any interest she might have in leftover brownies. Wish I could say the same for me!
On the docket for the rest of the day - read a chapter in Elder Maxwell's book on discipleship that I started last night, attach Ethan's newly received Bobcat to his Cubscout shirt, tidy up the kitchen, do a load of laundry, make manicotti and a salad for our dinner with the missionaries tonight, and finish reading my new book that arrived yesterday.
3 comments:
Awww, she's a cutie! But I can totally see the angry hippo in the photo of unhappiness :-). LOL!
I prefer the first picture :)
how was your book? i'm liking the photos, though I'm with ben, i prefer the happy ones :)
Post a Comment