Early in my married life, I learned that my husband and I had different ideas about food and its consumption. Faced with a pitcher of orange juice at the breakfast table, Mr. M drank as much as he wanted. I drank one cup and put the rest away for another day. Bananas were his cure for all woes, and if there were bananas and yogurt around, we had food, even if there was nothing else in the house.
I am still a rationer with some foods, like yogurt, and evidently, my children have caught on. Today, about an hour after the boys finished their after-school yogurt snack, I went to the kitchen to begin dinner preparations. There were two empty yogurt cups on the table, one per boy. Yes, I am trying to teach them to put trash in the garbage. It is a work in progress. When I opened the fridge, I found an empty yogurt container whose lid had been carefully replaced. Someone had eaten two yogurts and was trying to hide it from me!
No comments:
Post a Comment