Friday, February 12, 2010

Resident author

Harvey is a V.I.P. - Very Important Pig. He is the star of Mr. M's fantastic bedtime stories: Harvey the surfing pig, who lives in the crawl space under the boys' bedroom and pops up from the sewer out of our toilet.

Excuse me, as I type this, Scott is reading over my shoulder, and he has informed me that Harvey comes in and out of Scott's bedroom via the magic manhole mat. (For 3 Kings Day, our manhole scientist received a genuine Los Angeles Sanitary Sewer mat which looks just like a manhole cover.)

Harvey receives mail at our house on top of the toilet tank in the boys' bathroom. He has been the recipient and the subject of Scott's letters. I attach here below a sampling:



Evidently, Harvey attends church and likes to sing. He must go to a rockin' church because the title of this hymn, as you might notice is "Harvey Wipeout".



And here is a little drawing.



Scott also writes valentines (very sweet, even if it is the 100th time):




Here is what he calls a "Scott-to-dot".

6 comments:

Grandpa D said...

I am very interested in hearing hymn number 182, Harvey Wipeout. The words are clear but the tune is not. Perhaps Scott could sing it for us.

Mr. M said...

Scott handed that "hymn" to me in the middle of the passing of the sacrament. Evidently he had been writing it during the prayer.

Here is the music.

vhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5D07c0dJuQ

Mr. M said...

oops! bad link. added a v where it didn't belong:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5D07c0dJuQ

Anonymous said...

I love the "Scott-to-dot." So clever. :)

Grandpa D said...

I remember that song when it wasn't an oldy. How does Scott know it?

Liz said...

Oh that is sooo funny!