Thursday, February 02, 2012

Bowling

Elizabeth the wonder bowler!

We've been using myjobchart.com for many months to help motivate our boys to help at home. Scott recently redeemed "go bowling" with some of the points he had earned. I decided to schedule it for a Monday and call it our Family Home Evening activity.

There was a special going on at the bowling alley. For $5 per person, we got unlimited games, shoes, AND a fountain drink AND french fries or popcorn, for each of us. The kids were in heaven. I was happy, too, since it usually costs more than that just to rent shoes and a lane.  Mister M got us another 10% off with his university ID. The lanes had bumpers that went up for the kids and went down for the adults. We played a full game and then part of another game before it was time to leave.

As a bonus, the bowling alley was right next to Krispy Kreme and the hot light was on, so we popped in before heading home (because with popcorn, french fries, and fountain drinks, we still needed more junk food). I find it very restful to watch the donuts glide under the glazing waterfall.

And this summer, when it's blazing hot, we'll be going back to that bowling alley for the Monday special and the air conditioning!

2 comments:

Ben said...

I wish we lived closer...

liz j said...

That sounds like a beyond dreamy Monday evening.