Mr. M has been speaking only in Spanish to Elizabeth since December. Some days he metaphorically beats his head against the keyboard and says things like, "She will never answer me in Spanish, never, never, never!"
Last night, at our family dinner, Elizabeth came into the dining room from the kitchen. (The 7 cousins eat together in the kitchen at their own table.) "Daddy, I want more bread." He picked up a large piece of bread and broke it in half, ready to give her one of the pieces. "Dame! Dame!" she said, reaching for both. (For any non-Spanish speakers, that means "Give me!") Mr. M looked momentarily stunned, then handed her both pieces. I'm not sure who was more pleased, Elizabeth or Mr. M.
5 comments:
Que bueno!
Hurrah! I think when Asher gets older I will start requiring him to respond in Spanish. Not sure when to start that. We're going on two years now with little responding in Spanish.
Light through the clouds!
Woo hoo!!! That's fantastic.
YEAH!!!!
awesome! muy bien! i'm curious to know why you decided to homeschool scott, if it's not too personal?
Post a Comment