| Elizabeth loves to cook with me. Here she is taking a turn at rolling out pitas. |
| Meanwhile, Scott was working on math and snacking on grapes. He also took a turn rolling out pitas. |
The one thing I do really miss is taking a nap. A whole week with only one interrupted nap (today) and it was catastrophic. Scott kindly read Elizabeth some books and helped her settle down for a nap, so I could have a nap today. Unfortunately, she woke up before I did. She changed out of her pull-up into panties, spent some time playing with water in the bathroom sink and spilling it all over the floor, and then got into my lipstick and mascara, both of which had to be thrown out. When I picked her up to clean her face, she peed on me. Not the best way to wake up from a too-short nap. I chalk it all up to motherhood and experience.
More than ever, I feel like the way I choose to spend my time is so important. Here I end this post to retire to my bed, so that tomorrow I may call upon all my coping skills and banish Monster Mom.
1 comment:
Erin--I'm very impressed with your commitment to your family and children and with your continuing efforts to organize. I recently decided to stay at home with Adeline for awhile as the new part-time job was not a good fit, and it is a big adjustment for me. I'll keep checking in to see how you do it! -Sarah
Post a Comment