Mmmmm.... whole wheat pitas.....
Making homemade pitas gives me a certain virtuous feeling. After the dough rises, it is soft like newborn baby legs. My favorite part of the whole process is watching the pitas puff up in the oven. With my first batch, I was so delighted that I clapped my hands and called to my children to come see the amazing thing that was happening in the oven.
I made them 3x last week because we all love them so. The second time I made them, Ethan and Scott were the ones to roll them out! I was so proud.
If you need a good recipe, check out this one - I followed it pretty closely. I have made it using a blend of white and wheat flour AND using all wheat flour and gluten. Both are good.
As a side note, Elizabeth is now on double ear infection #3, as of last Friday. She is taking Omnicef this time. After #4, which I am certain will be here in not too long, she is a candidate for tubes in her little ears.

4 comments:
So sorry about the ears. Theo just finished his first round of amoxicillan for his ears. My other kids have been lucky. Ear infections here and there, but never frequently enough for tubes. Good luck!
Thomas was 1 infection away from tubes when we got a second opinion. The old school doctor told us to take him off of cow's milk/dairy. Worked like a charm. I hate ear infections!
Last year when we moved, Gabby wasn't quite 2 years old, had never had an ear infection, and I think ended up with 5. I think sometimes it's the new environment! This year, none. HOping yours goes as well!
I made the pita and it turned out great. Thanks for the recipe link and idea!
Post a Comment