We spent Thanksgiving in Houston with friends whose parents taught us how to make traditional Spanish dishes - paella, gazpacho, and tortilla (not pictured) - yummy!
We finally got a water softener from AWS. I also have to point out our epoxy-painted garage floor (I did it myself), as well as the lovely trim, which our amazing realtors and friends, Bill & Anna, put in.
The boys and I ventured out into beautiful Texas hill country to find a Christmas tree while Mr. M worked on his qualifying exams and end-of-semester things.
Elizabeth got a 2nd ear infection, less than a week after being done with the first. Here she is tearing around the doctor's waiting area. I think she looks just like my grandpa J.O. with that expression on her face.
Ethan sang carols at the Westin Legendary Holidays. There was bubble snow at the end, which Scott loved (the picture doesn't capture his glee. At all.). The boys also got to eat cookies and hot cider, color ornaments, and decorate gingerbread cookies.
Ethan turned 8 and got baptized. Here he is with his school friend, G.
My parents came for the baptism and stayed for a few days. We had a taste of the Riverwalk when it is crowded, the last weekend of carolers and lights.
Uncle Shaun came for Christmas. Somehow I have no photos of all our family feasts and gatherings, so here's The Girl, enjoying some spaghetti.
Here's our tree on Christmas morning. There are ornaments only on the parts of the tree that Elizabeth could not reach, although it didn't start out that way. Do you see those amazing balancing stocking hooks on the mantle? They were one of my favorite finds this Christmas.
2011 is already off to an exciting beginning. Mr. M is turning in his qualifying exam in 1 week, and I'm off to DC in 2 days to visit Neal and Candice before their move to Saudi Arabia.
2 comments:
I lived in San Antonio during my junior year of high school, and I remember the river walk. It's beautiful. Glad to hear about all the fun you're having (except for those ear infections!). Have fun in D.C.
Oh, shoot, I left DC too soon! Have fun there.
Post a Comment