Tuesday, January 18, 2011

New day, new beginning



















It's a new day, and like every day, a new beginning. I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning last night getting ready for today - grocery shopping, doing laundry, getting the dishes into the dishwasher, and baking English Muffin Bread - and I am determined to be happy and cheerful today even though I am tired. So far so good.

Yesterday, Mr. M and I spent some time looking at our Quicken reports for last year. We have some savings goals, and in order to make them, we have decided to try two things for the next month: making homemade pizza on our weekly pizza night and baking our own bread. By my estimates, we will save at least $100 this month.

It's also Day 1 of the 7 Day Challenge from KristiApproved.com. I was inspired by another blogger's experience to check it out. The principles are sensible - nutrition, hydration, resistance training, cardio training, rest, supplementation, and accountability. Ideally, I'd have a friend or family member doing this challenge with me, but since I don't, I am sharing (some of) my experiences here. If you'd like to join me, leave me a comment or send me a note.

2 comments:

Megan said...

I actually won the full Kristi program from My Give Away Today... but I'm not sure I can use it since I have to be on more of a breast cancer diet (which is far less meat and protein than the program suggests). If you end up liking the 7-day trial, let me know and I'll send the book, etc. to you.

Good luck!

Thomas Spackman said...

Mmmm! The bread looks good. I try to limit my challenges to one day at a time. Make sure the rest is adequate or it won't be as much fun.