Friday, October 01, 2010

Alive and well

Judging by our last post and our lack of recent updates, you might think the boys are wandering out in the desert somewhere or that we decided to turn back to Los Angeles and were kidnapped by aliens along the way. Not at all. We are home, in OUR home, and life is so good. I will now throw down some photos in an attempt to summarize what has been going on and to pacify my faithful readers who have been besieging me with requests.

While making up our minds on where to live and whether we'd really close on the house we were planning on, we stayed with the wonderfully generous Craig and Jessica. They are family AND friends. They piled up their kids to give Mr. M and me our own room. They fed us. They watched kids while we signed documents, etc. Now that we're in our own place, it's a real treat to live near them. Jessica took me fabric shopping (yes, I bought some!), and I've introduced her to IKEA.

Ethan and Scott started school. They LOVE their school, and they love riding the bus. It picks them up at the end of our driveway at 7 am and drops them off at 3:15 pm. It makes for a very long day for them at school and a very short time together at home before bed. Here's a video of them on the first morning that they rode the bus, in which we learn that Ethan controls the weather (he has since recanted that claim):



Mr. M is enjoying his new job. It takes 10 minutes to go from our front door to his office door, if I drop him off. He keeps pinching himself and thinking he'll wake up and this new life of ours will be a dream. He is still slugging away on that dissertation.

Uncle Shaun came to visit for a week. We all had a wild time:


I love our new house. I need to paint the garage floor, so that all the garage stuff currently in the front room can go to the garage. Ask me if the front room is tidy yet. Ask me if I've painted the garage yet. I need some motivation.

One reason my work is a bit slow is this delightful little person. She is very busy these days, as you can see:


And really, it's hard to get work done when there's someone like that around:)

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm glad to hear that there are no desert-wandering children.

Ben said...

Video has an error!? :(

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth is so big! The video played fine for me. It's nice to know that Ethan controls the weather. Now I'll know where to send complaints.

Anonymous said...

Uncle Shaun and the wild time reminds me of some all-out no-holds-barred fat dog competitions!

Liz J. said...

I love Elizabeth's grin! Almost looks mischievous.

Gina said...

Yay for new beginnings! That Elizabeth is a cutie!