Sunday, August 15, 2010

Day 1: LA to AZ


(http://media.nara.gov/media/images/14/11/14-1074a.gif)

Notes to self:

1. Even if is a hot day and you think you need shade, do not park your car under a tree with birds in it.

2. You can fit 36 water bottles under the driver's side seat of a 1997 Toyota Corrolla.

3. Remember where you packed your camera so that when your kids want a picture of a saguro cactus, you are ready.

4. Quote of the day:"Hey look at all those Saguaros! It is like a Saguaro Los Angeles."

5. There are some really cool wind turbines along I-10.

6. Hotwire: Love it. $56 to stay at the Hilton.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We are still moving and have been at it for three weeks. If we ever move again it will be with suitcases only. A saguaro Los Angeles? What a great comment.

Awnya Boam said...

Have so much fun! AZ can be hot, but tons of fun. :o)

Jenny said...

I love these reminders. I haven't been reading blogs this summer so it took me awhile to catch up on yours and I loved every minute of it. Have you noticed how often pigs are mentioned? My favorite was the homework assignment page: "help him".