The boys returned to school today, and I thought Elizabeth was doing better. She did not throw up from last night at 8 pm, did fine all through the night, and through the morning. Unfortunately, she threw up this afternoon again, then again before dinner, and now again in bed. This makes over 48 hours that she has been vomiting.
I've been very frustrated with the pediatrician scene here. Every office I have called is not accepting new patients. Tomorrow morning, we'll take her in to pediatric urgent care.
We have spoken with the 24 hour nurse hotline 3x and also consulted Dr. Dad. She is alert and cheerful as ever when she is awake, but she has lost at least 2 lbs (10% of her body weight), her urine output has dropped, and I can tell she is tired of the vomiting. For now, she is asleep. Please keep her in your prayers.
3 comments:
Erin, we had a terrible time with Frank when he was small. If he got a stomach virus, it would drag on forever until he got really dehydrated and we had to go to the hospital.
The trick for us was only a tiny bit of food at a time, and only broth and toast (and some kind of pedialyte type stuff and WATER) for the first 24 hours. Bananas, applesauce, chicken, rice, couscous . . .
And just a tiny bit at a time. He would SCREAM for food, but just a spoonful every 30 min-1 hour at first. His system would just get RAVAGED by those viruses, and he would be so hungry and thirsty that he would have too much too fast.
I hope she feels better soon! We'll hold you in our prayers
Meah :(
Oh I hope she feels better soon!
Two weeks ago Thor had a bug. Called our pediatrician and the nurse said there was a three day bug going around. That was about right. A few more days of loose poop too. After a week he got his appetite back. He too was always in good spirits until about day four. Then had one grumpy day and then recovered quickly. Wouldn't take anything but breastmilk and water and applesauce for almost two days in the middle of it all.
Good luck!
Post a Comment