Sunday, November 29, 2009

A few more details


Elizabeth and I came home from the hospital today.

The surgery went really well, and we had excellent care. Only one nurse bugged me. I didn't like her screechy way of talking to Elizabeth, but she did a great job of swaddling and burping her to induce sleep so that I could sleep.

Even the hospital food was good. The hospital has the practice of doing a celebration dinner for the new mom and a guest, which included a very nice salad, fresh fruit, sparkling cider, cheesecake, and choice of salmon, chicken, or pasta entrée. We drank our sparkling cider in long-stemmed flute glasses. So what if they were plastic?



Now we're home and she is even more adorable at home than she was at the hospital. The boys were delighted to meet her. Ethan has held her over and over; Scott wasn't ready to hold her, but he was excited to bring me diapers and wipes when I needed them. He had written her a number of notes and left them in the crib. I include a sample below. Yes, those are real flowers that he picked himself and taped on to the note:



Mr. M is completely won over. He keeps saying, "I love this girl." Now, on to real life with three kids. Wish me luck (and lots of sleep)!

13 comments:

La belle mère said...

Oh, look at those cheeks! What a beauty. And Scott's note is awfully sweet. :) Congratulations to all five of you!

Greek Goddess said...

Adorable. You look so incredibly happy. The note is cute. The little princess is beautiful. Bigger babies are better looking, they're chunkier and just look so chubby and healthy and wonderful.
So happy for you and my new "cousin."
(Hey, you said we were like cousins, right!)

laurie_sunshine said...

Soooooooo adorable!!! Congratulations!!! Love Scott's note, too!

ps - this is eliza

Maria Babin said...

She is a gorgeous baby girl, so round and plump and pink and pretty. She is just so pretty. Congratulations! What a wonderful blessing.

Ben said...

Yay for details and pics and accepting siblings!

Caroline said...

Congratulations, Erin! She's so pretty!

chicken steven said...

I recommend the Zone defense at this point.

Erica said...

I love all these pics-what a great update! Sending the sleep through the night fairy to your house. Or at least the sleep for 3 hours straight fairy.

Kara said...

Congrats, congrats, congrats! She is so very precious! Here's to a family of five. :)

Esther said...

Congrats again, Erin! What a lovely note that Scott made. That is very thoughtful of him.

Spencer and Jennifer Lee said...

I love the note and the taped flowers! I'm glad to hear you are all doing well. At least Scott doesn't try to poke Elizabeth's eyes or carry her from room to room without permission :)
It will be fun to get the boys and girls together for a playdate once things normalize a little.

Liz said...

Ok, the taped on flowers are just fabulous. What a cutie. You and Elizabeth both look sooo marvelous. Congratulations! Are we betting on how fast the pink princess stage sets in (heh heh heh!)?

Abby said...

Congratulations you two!