Saturday, November 07, 2009

What am I waiting for?

What am I waiting for? There is nothing new in my inbox. I click my Google reader - nothing new there. I check Facebook - nothing new there. Sane and intelligent people are gone to bed. There is nothing in the news worth staying up for. My accounts are all updated. There are plenty of more productive things I could be doing, SLEEPING, for one. Or clearing off the table. Or studying scriptures (although I did just prepare a lesson to sub in Primary tomorrow).

Why am I here? What is it that is so compelling about a glowing screen? Am I the only one who feels this? What do you do to tear yourself away? How do you self-regulate on the computer?

I'm going to turn on my cleaning music (low volume, I know it's late) and work on my dishes. I will feel better.

8 comments:

Talyn said...

You're not alone.

Gina said...

I know.... My newborn is sleeping and my husband and other daughter are at church. Why am I not sleeping?!

Well, I heard about a rough BYU women's soccer game yesterday and had to see what I could find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvEobeNfGcc

That Girl said...

HA!

That would be ME, right now.

.....

Yup. Still here.

QueenScarlett said...

Yes...and YES. But I have brain damage.

Unknown said...

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/report_90_of_waking_hours_spent

We must be related :)

Julie Spackman said...

lol @ ben - that was a hilarious article :)

What scares me is that we have more screens and more phones than people in our household when you add up computers and cell phones... it's just so nice to feel connected though!

Gail said...

It's 1 am. Everyone, including the cat, is softly dreaming. What am I looking for? If I ever find it, I'll be sure and let you all know. It's got to be sensational to keep us all awake.

TheHQforHQ said...

This is very me