Thursday, November 12, 2009

Blessings everywhere


I tell you, being 9 months pregnant elicits the nicest treatment from people. Tenants, vendors, friends are all telling me how wonderful I look, how beautiful my skin is, how impressed they are that I am going up and down the stairs. People are giving me presents and asking how I feel. They forgive my forgetfulness. Strangers smile and congratulate me.

The last 24 hours have been one long shower of blessings. It actually started Tuesday evening, when I finally managed to track down the carseat I wanted in the color I wanted (I wanted something neutral, not pink, not covered with elephants) in a Pasadena baby store. I promptly bought it over the phone, knowing I'd be on that side of town on Wednesday. I picked it up yesterday morning before heading to a board meeting for a music foundation I work for.

During the board meeting, the board members asked me to step out for a few minutes. When they called me back in, they told me they were giving me a 10% raise AND a Christmas bonus. Just as affirming, perhaps more affirming, they told me how much they appreciated my work and that they really wouldn't be able to function without me. They also presented me with baby gifts for Elizabeth and a cake topped with pink pacifiers. Oh, the love:)

This morning, the boy who pooped finally did it again, after holding things in for 3 days. I won't go in to any more detail, but I feel like we are getting closer and closer to regular bowel movements. Hurray!

A bit later this morning, Mr. M got an email from his boss, telling him the wonderful news that he had been awarded a Graduate Research Assistantship for the spring (through April). This means that Mr. M will need to work a set number of hours (but not clock in), will receive a fixed stipend AND that his tuition and health insurance will be paid. Sweet manna from heaven!

Here's another blessing, not as important in the long run, but it makes me feel good. I got a somewhat spontaneous haircut last Friday, which is nothing like I've ever had before, and I love it! It has a style! It takes about 10-15 minutes with the hair dryer in the morning. I don't know how different it looks to other people, but to me, it makes a HUGE difference. It's nice to be 9 months pregnant and still feel cute. I have included a picture, albeit a goofy one, because I know you are all DYING to see my belly and my hair.

And now, my whole calendar is clear. Today, I will tidy like a 'pidee (that's what we call spiders at our house) and count my blessings.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, all kinds of good news.

You look good :)

Mr. M said...

For Mrs. M.: I affirm your cuteness by commenting.

For everyone else: I don't know how 'pidees got the reputation for being tidy but in our house that is the way it is said because it rhymes.

Anonymous said...

I like your haircut. And hooray for it only taking 10-15 minutes! There's nothing like looking cute without a lot of work.

Heidi said...

True blessings. You look great!

Kara said...

What miracles! And btw, you look adorable. :)

QueenScarlett said...

So happy for you. And... you are one chic, sassy prego woman.

Also...you are tiny at 9mo. It's like someone just stuffed your shirt with the baby and that's it.

Julie said...

you look wonderful! I'm so excited to see pictures of elizabeth when she arrives :) And wow, yay for blessings :)