Monday, June 01, 2009

Feeling groovy and liking bullet points

I enjoyed the freedom of bullet points in the previous post so I'm going with it again:

  • Scott finished all 20 doses of his ubergross glue-flavored antibiotics. His hearing seems to have returned to normal, and we'll see what the doctor says next week at the follow up. My thoughtful visiting teacher brought him cookies as a reward for taking all his medicine.

  • I'm showing enough that one of our tenants patted my belly. I HATE it when people pat my belly, but I smiled at her and said, "Yep, there's a baby in there." My friend Rachelle says she has a button which she will lend me (nudge, nudge) that says something to the effect of "Hands off the belly! Grr!"

  • I got a call from my good friend Dorothea letting me know that her husband, Warren, just got set apart as the bishop of their new ward. Been down that road, and I'm so glad not to be on it right now. Warren will be a fabulous bishop, and Dorothea will be an equally fabulous bishop's wife.

  • We're heading to Vegas this weekend for a wedding in a rented minivan and bringing back Mr. M's parents for a few days.

  • I bought a Swiffer wet/dry sweeper, and I love it! My floors have never been so clean! I also splurged and bought generic facial wipes for me, AND I have flossed every day since my dentist appointment, even last Saturday when I went to bed at 1 am.

  • We have five apartments vacating in June. FIVE! It's a new record for vacancies. I calculated last night that since we've been here (almost a year) there will have been a turnover of around 30%. That's what happens when the economy goes bad.

6 comments:

Chellers said...

Thanks for the reminder! I'll get that pin to you soon...along with the steam cleaner, which worked out amazingly well, by the way.
Have fun this weekend in Vegas.

Heidi said...

I'm good to watch the boys on Friday. My "party" got postponed so just give me a call and we'll figure out what the best plan is.

Erica said...

I don't mind having my belly patted when I'm pregnant-within reason. I like to pat other people's bellies but only ask if I know them
Hope the Vegas trip is fun!

Violadiva said...

I've always wondered about that belly pat thing. I think it would irritate me to pieces. Don't people have any sort of interpersonal boundaries? Hello!?

Mr. M said...

I just want to point out that the wedding is not taking place in the minivan in case people were confused by the ambiguity. I know some weird stuff happens in Vegas but this wedding isn't part of it.

Julie said...

turnover here is bad, too... also the skips, the non-payment of rent... last year at this time I had a waiting list of people looking for a place to live, and now I've got 5 apartments out of 50 just sitting empty. frustrating.