The M family just returned from an extended M family gathering in Las Vegas for a wedding. We stayed in a huge Vegas-style house, rented for the occasion. It had a swimming pool with a waterfall, a sauna, a home-theatre with reclining leather seats and a projector, a pool table, so many fireplaces I didn't count them (who needs a fireplace in Vegas though? What's that about?)... We filled the house with aunts, uncles, cousins, children of cousins, siblings, and even a few grandmas and grandpas. It was really fun to be surrounded by family.
When we arrived the first night, it was pretty late. We stumbled off to our bedroom, dug out pajamas and toothbrushes, and headed to bed. Scott, our intrepid 4 year old, was crawling around the floor. "I found something gross under the bed!" he exclaimed, holding up a small foil package marked "Her Pleasure"; it was split open and had something inside it. "It's probably coffee," he added, as his dad took it in disgust, threw it away, and took Scott to wash his hands.
Thankfully, we found no other such packages during our visit. The wedding was lovely; the boys had a great time playing with my former roommate who generously took them to Pump It Up and then fed them pizza; we enjoyed catching up with far-away family members. It was a fun weekend.
Stay tuned for the sequel - "Return of the Inlaws"... coming soon.
5 comments:
Ah, the innocence of youth. :)
I can only imagine your dear, sweet husband handling that at such a late hour. I'm still giggling as I type...
Huh-larious. I love that he gave you a suitable alternative, so you didn't have to think one up!
haha!!! I just read this out loud to Paul, and as I started, he interrupted: "it's probably coffee?" - apparently he's been laughing about this ALL DAY :) what a brilliant thing to say, we'll definitely keep that in mind :)
I think it's funny that due simply to the way we internalize things as kids, young Mormons rank coffee with radioactive waste, cooties, and Bad People.
Post a Comment