Despite suffering a lingual injury only two days ago that surely would have sidelined a less determined three-year old, Scott delivered his first talk.
For those of you that are worried about Scott's frenulum, I assure you that we didn't pump him up with Vicodin and tell to push through the pain. He seems to be doing just fine. I guess mouths do heal pretty quickly.
Here is the text of his talk. He read it all himself. I was very proud.
"This is a picture of my family. My aunts and uncles love me. My mom and dad and my brother love me. My grandmas and grandpas and my cousins love me. I love them too. Heavenly Father loves me and he sent me to earth to be part of this family.
In the name of Jesus Christ,
Amen"
2 comments:
To clarify, there was really no grit involved. Scott is just fine. He seems uninjured, except that he occasionally mentions that eating certain foods makes his tongue hurt.
In Primary closing exercises, Scott sat up front on the special chair for the person who gets to give a talk. He pointed to each of the letters in the chair cover that spelled out T-A-L-K. Then he held out his notebook to me so I could see his talk. I was in the back of the Primary room, beaming with maternal pride.
He did a fantastic job:)
Yay Scott! Good job giving your first talk and reading it all by yourself. I'm so glad that your tongue is feeling better.
Post a Comment