Monday, July 30, 2012
Over the fence
This post is an essay that I found in Scott's papers that he brought home from school back in February. No teacher comments or any indication of what the assignment was. Punctuation and spelling are his.
Have you ever been to a place that feels like you're dreaming? Well I have. In the back yard you can get there just by climbing over the fence. Just as you get there you keep on going because there's a cactus under the spot that you see. I stay alone in there but I don't mind. My brother usally punts the ball over the fence so I see some fly balls. It feels so relaxing. So relaxing that you can feel the trees well youre walking.
There are some cardinals that live at the arbor but I don't see them often. I like to sit under the trees. I like to imagine that there are pigs there with me. Once I even thought about pigs attacking monkeys. There are a ton of prickly balls. (burs) It's Awesome! Are you even thinking about this? I see the road well I'm climbing over the fence. It's really quiet when im there. Once I feel asleep in there. When the ball comes over the fence I throw it back over the fence. I hate it when burs stick to my clothes but the burs are easy to pull out. I never climb the trees because there are ants. I find ant mounds sometimes and usally step on them on purpose. In the evening I don't go there because there are moths. Every time I climb over the fence I hope no one sees me. For the winter I will go back there to get firewood. Sometimes when I am feeling nice back there I yell, "BIG FAT PIGS!" If you were there you would probably love it. Sometimes slivers of cactus spines stick to my legs and man they hurt when you pull them out. That's mostly all I remember.
P.S. Did I mention that I hit a ball over the fence with my bare hands?
P.P.S. I never mentioned that Ethan comes over to get the ball.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment