I loved the start. It was that feeling of all moving in the same direction together, the same feeling I get when I'm driving south in Marin County towards the Golden Gate Bridge.
Dad was my running partner. He was recovering from a calf injury and needed a turtle, and I needed a rabbit, so it was a great partnership. I think I ran about 2 miles before needing to walk, except for the slow down at the water station at the half-way point.
The end was my favorite part. As we approached the final bend, the crowd was cheering us on. We picked up the pace and sprinted to the end. It was exhilarating and motivating and satisfying, definitely a rush. All those good brain chemicals were just flooding me with happiness, the kind of happiness that requires many exclamation points.
I've picked out my next race which is set for September 8th. My goal is to run the whole way. I've been doing interval training on the treadmill at the YMCA, but I probably need to just practice running, too.
Here's to becoming a runner!
1 comment:
Yeay! Let's do a run together sometime. You can be my rabbit! (I'm just able to walk around the block once at present).
Post a Comment