Monday, March 26, 2012

Plans and belly shots

We are entering the home stretch. I can confidently say that there will be a baby in my house 3 weeks from today. (My due date is 4/1).

Just for fun, and for documentation purposes, here are some belly shots.

Here's the regular view looking down:

If I lean way over, I can glimpse my feet:

And here is a side shot, captured by Ethan:

So, as I said, within the next 3 weeks, there will be a new little girl in the family. Can't wait to meet you, Emily! Luckily, she is not the only thing we have to look forward to or it might be the longest 3 weeks in the world.  Tomorrow is my last day of violin teaching before I officially start my maternity leave. Thursday is Ethan's choir concert. Friday is the day Elizabeth gets her cast off (hallelujah!). Saturday and Sunday are General Conference. My adored and much revered mother arrives next Monday, and two weeks from today (if not sooner), Mr. M submits his dissertation. And then, it's party time!

There is still work to be done until then, of course. Some of the things I would like to get done before Emily arrives include scheduling 180 piano auditions (I work for a piano competition in CA), making Harry Potter robes for the boys (I have the fabric and the pattern already), cleaning all the bathrooms and floors and baseboards, mowing the lawn, touching up all our paint inside, catching up on all the laundry and getting rid of all the bachelor socks, hanging a few pictures, making soap, finishing the last of the mending, planting the garden, cleaning out the garage, and then all the regular things like cooking, keeping up with the dishes, homeschooling Scott, and finishing a few books. I can get about one extra thing done every day, so depending on Emily's timing, I may get it all done! I'm nothing if not ambitious:)

What's happening at your house?

4 comments:

Kristi said...

That is quite the pre-baby to-do list. I wish you luck with it. And hooray for Elizabeth getting her cast off!

Jenny said...

You have got to be kidding me! I can't even get that much done when I'm not pregnant. I continue to be impressed when visiting this blog.

Erin said...

Thanks, Kristi!

Robin said...

Be brave, Elizabeth!

The main thing happening at our house involves eating Costco-sized bags of candy bars.

Little Emily will be coming to a well-prepared home. Best wishes in the final stretch (lit'rilly). And hooray for moms (the gestating ones and the grandma-y ones)!