Thursday, March 15, 2012

Things to remember about my girl

These are just some little happenings that I wanted to write down. If I were a baby book person, they would go in the baby book. I may come back and add things as they happen.

Elizabeth sits on my lap. Closing her eyes, she asks, "Mommy, where are you?"

"I'm right here," I tell her. "Where are you?"

"Under my eyes," she tells me.

*****

Elizabeth sits at the table drinking milk. Suddenly, she starts to growl and wave her arms, menacingly. "Oh, no! Are you a monster?" She nods yes. "A milk-drinking monster?" "ROARHARRR!" she answers.

*****

It has been a while since I changed Elizabeth's diaper. She is pushing a chair through the kitchen. "How are your pants?" I ask her.

"Leave me alone, mama!" she answers me. Then she continues pushing the chair and starts singing Lead me, guide me, walk beside me, help me find the way....


*****


We are sitting in the car at a stoplight. From the backseat, I hear Elizabeth exclaim, "Come on, people! Come on!"

No comments: