The plan was for us to pack Wednesday, I would start to drive our Thursday and Mrs. M would fly out Friday. By Saturday, we would all be together and we would bask in planning effectiveness. Needless to say, it didn't happen that way. We discovered that we had a lot more stuff than we thought we did. Once we got to the stage that we were putting everything in boxes we felt DOOMED*! I would still be in California loading an ABF truck if it were not for the the many people helped us out. We are in debt to the Elder's quorum , family, co-workers and neighbors who assisted in packing our truck. I also should include a shout out to the ladies that helped watch our kids so we could pack.
Even with all this help we still had to pull an all-night "pack-fest" before Mrs. M's flight to Texas. When it was all said and done all our possessions were compressed into 10 linear feet plus what I could shove into our Toyota Corolla. I set off a more than 24 hours behind schedule and very much sleep deprived. For the safety conscious readers, don't worry. I didn't push myself too hard and pulled over for naps whenever I felt like I was drowsy. Any way here are some photos of our preparation for departure.
2 comments:
Packing is no fun. Hooray for that part of this experience being over!
I remember the "we have too much stuff" feeling....a second rental truck...brings back memories, n'est pas?
Post a Comment