Do you ever catch yourself midsentence and realize what you are saying sounds ridiculous? Or that the lecture you are giving your kids is the one you need to hear yourself? Am I giving myself away here?
Tonight while I was trying to enjoy my dinner with Mr. M, the boys were shrieking with laughter at the new game they had invented. After several attempts to stop the madness, I finally sent Mr. M after them while I intoned, "We have a rule in our house and that rule is NO THROWING TOILET PAPER IN THE LIVING ROOM!" Except that I started laughing as I heard the silliness of the rule. I mean, who needs a rule like that? Mr. M pointed out that we needed to teach the principle of respecting the furniture and the living room, rather than creating rules. We could never create enough rules to keep things sane around here.
1 comment:
I completely relate to this post. Enough said ;>
Post a Comment