Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Instant Love

I called the hospital advice line this morning because I had some spotting, and the advice line booked me an immediate appointment. I felt really calm driving to the appointment, although not sure what to expect. Many women near and dear to me have experienced miscarriage, and I tried to prepare myself for the worst. Thankfully, the worst is not to be, at least, not today.

My tiny 3 cm baby waved at me today during the ultrasound. The doctor wasn't looking for just that second and didn't see it - it was only for me. Only 10 weeks old and already a sense of humor!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pregnant people who are not pregnant enough to be going into non-pre-term labor should not start blog posts out with mentions of the hospital. But I'm glad that everything is ok, and that you got to have that moment with your little one.

candice said...

glad it was a false alarm.

Erica said...

That's cute! Hope you continue to have nothing but good news in relation to Baby #3.
I had spotting with both my pregnancies-quite a significant amount with Josh around 7 weeks and Caitlyn around 16 weeks. When it was with Josh I was freaking out but with Caitlyn I just felt like what will be will be. I wasn't really surprised when he was both 7 weeks premature and I also wasn't really surprised when she came so fast as my placenta had pulled away from the uterine wall. (I went to the hospital at noon and she was born at 2:30pm)Sometimes I think these little things prepare us for the future event. Way to be zen mama.

La belle mère said...

OH! How sweet. So glad to hear that everything is okay.

Liz said...

Hooray! So happy it was merely a chance to say hello.

Kara said...

I'm so glad it was a false alarm too--and that you got a sneak peek. :) I hope all keeps going well for everyone in the family.