Monday, January 19, 2009

Nytol not needed here.

As Mrs. M has mentioned in a previous post, she has a special ability to fall asleep fast. For the last couple of days, it has been more pronounced. I think it has something to do with our house guests. The house guests were great, but we were very bad about getting to bed on time.

Today the sleep attack happened in the middle of Ethan's family home evening lesson. To Mrs. M's credit, she did make it through the first 2 minutes and even answered a lesson question. But then....

Ethan: "Hey mom, write down what you said on this paper... Mom... MOM! MOOOOOM!"

Mrs. M: "Huh.. mffb.. mer spruf... "

She kind of missed the activity portion of the evening.

Hopefully she will get some undisturbed sleep tonight. A few nights ago, I accidentally interrupted her sleep as I rolled over...

Mrs. M: Hum.. erg... mmff
Mr. M: Sorry, did I wake you up?
Mrs. M: Um. No you didn't wake me up. It was the alphabet.
Mr. M: The alphabet woke you up!?
Mrs. M: Yeah....um..hmm...that seemed to make more sense when I said it.

The alphabet... there you have it. ABCDEFZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

3 comments:

Julie said...

too funny!

Anonymous said...

I too say very sane things in the liminal place. Very normal.

Ben

Chou said...

Okay, we so have to have a conversation about my mom falling asleep during . . . everything!!