Friday, December 19, 2008

All grown up?

For a long time, Ethan has been making up jokes. One distinguishing feature of his jokes is the all-important line "on your head". For Ethan, those three little words have regularly induced belly-laughs and inspired the even MORE hilarious retort, "On the ceiling!"

This morning, Mr. M was combing Ethan's hair and told him, "You have snicky snarls... on your HEAD!"

Ethan responded, quite seriously, "I used to think head jokes were funny when I was 5, but now I don't think they are funny any more."

7 comments:

Mr. M said...

Rats. It was such a good joke too. I guess they say timing is everything and I was just one day late. Bummer.

Erica said...

That's so funny! Josh likes to say "back when I was a little boy-like when I was 3". Because he's SOOOO grown up now that he's 4 ;>

Gina said...

Once again, your post has me laughing out loud. I love that!

Chellers said...

Awesome. I love little-people sense of humor!

P.S. Tag...you're it.

Violadiva said...

Your children are so entertaining! How do you stand it?!

Grandpa D said...

My boys once thought "poke" jokes were funny...but they outgrew them.

Mr. M said...

Out grew them? Are you kidding me Grandpa D?!!!! I just poked you in Facebook just to laugh my head off!

(notice how I artfully wove a poke joke and a head joke in one post!)