Thursday, March 06, 2008

Car Conversation or Faithful Forever

This morning on the way to Ethan's violin lesson...

Michael: "Ethan, who would you vote for if you were old enough to vote?"

Scott (excited): "I was voting for Mitt Romney!"

Ethan (thinking and responding slowly): "If I was old enough to vote, I would vote for Mitt Romney. If he told me to vote for someone else, I would vote for them. If that person told me to vote for someone else, I would vote for them. If that person told me to vote for someone else, I would vote for them. If that person dropped out, then we would have to see who would bring the right kind of change to America, and I think it would be Mitt Romney."

Scott (still excited): "I was voting for Mitt Romney!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you hear this all the time, but your kids are geniuses. That probably makes for some challenges that other parents might not face, but at least you know it's for a good cause. :)

Chou said...

Are they really that disenchanted with the rest of the candidates? I second Kristi 100%. Vote for her.

TheHQforHQ said...

what a thinker! LOL

Mr. M said...

In response to chou, the original question, "Who would you vote for?" came after Ethan excitedly exclaimed, "I just saw a Barak Obama bumper sticker! That is the first Barak Obama sticker I have seen in my whole life!"

Scott and Ethan both like to run around the living room chanting "Barak Obama! Barak Obama!"

I think mostly they are open to candidates with unusual but catchy first names regardless of political affiliation.
:)