Thursday, March 06, 2008

Trust your nose

When I walked into the house this afternoon after running around all day, I thought I smelled something burning. "That doesn't make sense! What could be burning?" I thought.

It had been a busy morning. Michael made waffles for breakfast before we all jumped into the car and headed over to Ethan's violin lesson in Pasadena. After the lesson, we drove to the USC Institute, where Martha Hagerty serves lunch every Thursday. Michael and I played ping pong, which elevated my heart-rate (yes, I am out of shape!). The boys played pool and foosball. After an hour, I dragged them out. Michael stayed at school. We stopped at Target, the gas station, and the grocery store before arriving home. Only 1 small meltdown at the grocery store. Maybe 2 small meltdowns if mine counts:)

The burning smell persisted as I searched for the power point Michael was requesting by phone. Not until I clued in to Scott eating syrup with a spoon (after finishing his Ovaltine), did I realize that the waffle iron was still ON!!! Charbroiled waffles, anyone?

No comments: