
Last week, as part of our family pilgrimage to BYU, we hiked the Y on the mountain. It was a beautiful, blue-sky, gentle-breeze, perfect-for-hiking-the-Y day. This family accomplishment was no small feat; the trail to the Y is 1.2 miles. Quite a hike for little legs, not to mention big, out-of-shape legs. As an incentive to keep going, I promised the boys a chocolate treat at the top.
Once we reached the top, and the boys had their chocolate, we began the trip down. (I did not eat my chocolate treat and felt quite virtuous about it, even though my self-control was imposed by an inability to open the wrapper.)
Before we made it 10 feet from the Y, we heard this from Ethan:
"Excuse me, please. I burped a chocolate burp." He paused, then, in a voice suggesting he was about to offer us something truly special, he asked,"Does anyone want to smell my breath?"
Scott immediately stepped up, "I do!" And he did.
3 comments:
Erin...Thanks so much for sending me this link...I truly enjoy reading the stories. You have a gift with writing along with all your other talents....I just started my own blog, so here is a link if you want to check it out....www.reindeerspause.blogspot.com....Andrea
Hah!!!! That sounds like something Ben would've done years ago, n'est-ce pas?
I just read your last several posts and thoroughly enjoyed them. I laughed out loud at the chocolate burp moment. Kids are completely hilarious.
Post a Comment