Saturday, March 17, 2007

Why do we not learn from history? OR Ethan's 2nd talk in Primary

Ethan gave a talk in Primary today. After our last experience, you would think that we would remember to take Ethan to the bathroom before ushering him into Primary. But no, we failed in our parental duty of bladder vigilance. Ethan's talk was cut in two with a brief intermission of "I love to see the temple".

But the talk itself was good and it was all Ethan's words. Mr M helped him write it by asking questions. He strung together Ethan's answers into something quite coherent. Here is the text:

We read the scriptures and pray every day because the prophet told us to and because it helps us to live righteously. A long time ago, I read the scriptures for the first time. I liked it. I liked it because it was so fun that I wanted to do it every day and I'm very excited and very very very happy.


I read the scriptures at night with my family. Right now we are reading in Helaman about the Gadianton robbers. The people believed Nephi for a while (here is where the peepee dance became totally obvious and Mr M whisked him out to the bathroom. He returned to finish, picking up at "The people believed Nephi...") but they became Gadianton robbers. The Gadianton robbers were wicked and did not obey God's commandments. This taught me to live righteously. Not obeying God's commandments is not ok. Not obeying God's commandments makes God sad.

In my house, we pray to understand the scriptures. We also pray on our food. Three times each day. When we pray it makes Heavenly Father feel happy. I think that someday that I will live in heaven again with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.

In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow- small bladder! I'm impressed at the talk though. If I remember correctly most of the talks kids gave when I was in Primary consisted of them showing some cool cut and saying how great Jesus was. Go Ethan!

Awnya Boam said...

I'm very impressed by your little one! At least his comment in the middle was still at least "church worthy". In my in-laws ward, a little boy said a few 4 letter words in the middle of his talk. That was a show stopper!
Great job Ethan!!

Awnya Boam
http://www.time4felt.com