Friday, September 01, 2006

Mr. E's first talk

Mr. E was asked to give a talk last week in Primary, after weeks of waiting and wanting to get that special assignment. When DH took him into Primary on Sunday morning, he ran up to the Primary president with a big smile, "Sister Clark! I'm giving a talk today!"

When it was time, he stood up, held his paper up so high his little face was hidden, and began to read in a clear voice: "The scriptures teach us about Jesus Christ. I would like to tell you about how we got the Book of Mormon. When Joseph Smith was 14 years old...."

The room was silent, except for Mr. E's voice. I was so proud. He told the story of Joseph Smith's first vision and got to his last paragraph. And then...

"I have to go peepee right now!" he announced, doing the infamous accompanying dance. DH whisked him out of the room to take care of that. A few minutes later, he ran back in, "I'm ready to finish my talk! I'll start over!"

He didn't start over, but he did finish. It was magnificent!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that, my friend, is an absolutely classic story. thank you for sharing, and congrats on the talk. we'll have to call him in as a youth speaker in our ward.