After a quick lunch, we spent the afternoon at the blustery Marin Headlands, overlooking the glorious Golden Gate Bridge. It's my favorite place on earth so far. I love everything about it, beginning with the drive south on the 101 through the tunnel where you first see The Bridge. It's breathtaking. My children quickly caught on and even Scott kept repeating, "Woah! Look at dat, look at DAT!" Mr M and I got engaged at the Marin Headlands 7 years ago. Well, not really, but that sounds more romantic than saying we got engaged over the phone, which is what really happened.
Back to my report... Next we tromped through a very muddy Muir Woods (free after 6 pm!) and successfully kept Scott from throwing himself in the stream.
We ended the day at a small Indian restaurant in San Rafael, my old stomping grounds for a summer. Imagine 4 adults and 3 children, ages 4, 2, and 1. We somehow managed to enjoy our meal without letting the kids completely destroy the restaurant, although they did get chided for banging on the aquarium AND one of them dumped out a whole glass thingey of spices. Ah, parenthood.
Sunday morning, we attended church and hit the road home, making a slight detour to cross The Bridge and drive through The City. All in all, it was a delightful weekend. Can't wait to hit the road again!
2 comments:
It looks like you had a great time. I hope we can get together next time you're in the neighborhood.
Just stumbled on your blog, and I see you're making me homesick! I grew up in Novato, but have lived in Oregon now for 16 years. My husband and I were in San Francisco in April and took 101 north, just to drive around my old haunts. I love my Oregon, but there's nothing like the rolling hills of Marin County!! Glad you had such a nice time!
Post a Comment