Monday, August 14, 2006

How to win a daddy's heart

This evening, Mr M was working at the computer. The door was open, but the gate was set up across the doorway to keep small children out. For whatever reason, little S decided he needed to be inside the gate. He was inconsolably crying at the gate and wailing, "Down. DOWN!"

I broke down first and lifted little S over the gate, holding him on my lap. He was NOT content with me and kept crying, "Dad! DAAAAAAAAD!" I set him down and he trotted over to Mr M, looked up at him with tears in his eyes, and said, "Football. I want football. I want football. I want football" over and over until Mr M couldn't ignore him anymore.

Mr M was amazed and delighted and smooched Scottie's head.

Did I mention that he's not quite 18 months? Is this kid going to be a superfan or what? To be fair, I should mention that he had previously watched a football video on his dad's lap, but who knew it had made such an impression.

Yikes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And a grandaddy's heart as well.

Thanks,
Grandpa D