Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Tree Ladle Picks

One of the things I loved (and still love) about family reunions is hearing my uncle recite Ladle Rat Rotten Hut. Lo and behold, I found out that the very talented author and illustrator, Andrea Steele, lives in my ward and she has done several other stories in this same vein. They are loads of fun and Ethan loves them, too.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

totally classic. i had no idea what ladle rat rotten hut meant until I watched the video and grasped the concept. sweet!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I wonder if she would mind if we adapted one of her stories for a puppet show...?

Anonymous said...

wait, the person who wrote them is in YOUR ward?

Anonymous said...

The inspiration for her stories comes from an anonymous original.
I first saw it in my freshman college English text, "About Language: Contexts for College Writers", MJ Clark, SF Cox and MR Craig, Eds. 1970.
It's on page 713 with the following preface: "This anonymous jeu d'esprit is the work of many hands and has long circulated through English departments. Once you become accustomed to it, you should have little trouble with it. Even your editors have tampered with it, jest tube each shoer yew cat John. Half unwitted!"

Erin said...

Thanks, Uncle Kink!