Monday, August 14, 2006

Superman

Ethan loves his Superman pajamas. He loves them so much that he would wear them all day every day if we let him. He is especially fond of the long red cape that attaches with velcro to his shoulders.

Last night, he came to me in his Superman get-up, needing help to put on the cape.

"Look, Mom, now I'm Superman!" he exclaimed with delight.

Great, I was thinking, I wish Superman did dishes. I just smiled at him and turned to the sink.

A few moments later, I heard a thump and a wail. "MOM!" he cried in a pathetic voice. "I'm not Superman, I'm Ethan, and I hurt my bottom!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

he may have fallen on some kryptonite.

Erin Marie said...

I remember my brother had the same pair of pajamas. Okay, same style since he wore his est out. The most annoying thing (for an eight-yr-old) was the fact that the cape was Velcro, so I had to reattach it over and over and over and over and... well, you get the picture. ;-)

Anonymous said...

That is sooo funny. I remember watching one of the Superman movies with the fam in our fam room when we also heard a thud. It was my brother - I mean Superman - launching himself off the arm of the sofa headfirst. Amid tears and wailing, "I flew! I flew!"