Monday, April 16, 2012

Something to report

Despite a late surge in contractions, culminating in Mrs. M's water breaking just as she was placed on the operating table, we still had to have a c-section. Dilating only to 1 cm was not enough to justify putting off the delivery any longer (42 weeks + 1 day). At 9 lbs 2 oz, 20.5 inches, I suppose it was for the best.


Emily Carmen and Mom



The whole family (minus Mr. M at the camera)



Elizabeth insisted on holding the baby again and again. " I hold emee. That's my sista. I hold her."

9 comments:

Megan said...

Congrats, y'all!

candice said...

What great pictures. Can't wait to meet your second little princess. Hugs to all of you.

Kristi said...

Hooray! It's over! Now for the hard part. :)

Kara said...

Emily Carmen, what a beautiful name. She looks so sweet, as do you and your family. I hope your recovery goes smoothly--congratulations!

Greek Goddess said...

Wonderful! She's made it. Talk to you soon! I love the picture of her looking at her Momma.

Robin said...

I've been wondering and wondering how you were faring. Hooray for Emily's safe arrival.

Heidi said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful. So excited for you (that said -- aren't we too old for this? :) )

liz j said...

Beautiful! Beautiful! Congratulations!!

Firefighter/Paramedic said...

Congratulations!!