Wednesday, December 14, 2011
December update
This is what happens at our kitchen table most days after the boys get home from school. Our favorite snack is popcorn - it's inexpensive and high fiber!
Elizabeth has amazed us by being self-potty-training. She is wearing pull ups and insists on doing just about everything herself. When Mr. M goes in to the bathroom to help her, she points to the door and says, "OUT!" I'm glad we started with boys because they were much more difficult.
Scott is maintaining a steady campaign in favor of homeschool for the rest of first grade. We will be attempting a 2 week trial during our Christmas break. I was really excited about it before our Thanksgiving 1 week trial; now I am apprehensive. Am I ready to embrace this major lifestyle change? Homeschool friends, I need your support. I am nervous about planning (and implementing) the curriculum.
Ethan continues to be ultra-responsible. He gets himself up every morning at 6 am, gets his own breakfast, gets dressed, and usually reads for a few minutes before getting himself on the bus at 6:45 am. He is a role model for me:)
Mr. M is finishing grades for the semester and then working like a madman on his dissertation. We got a lovely desk off craigslist for $25 and put it up in our spare bedroom/office (the Room of Requirement). He has made good progress, but still has a long ways to go. Those of you who are praying folks, please pray for him that he will have clarity of mind and purpose. You can pray for me, too, that I can be a support rather than a distraction.
As for me, I am feeling enormous. 4 months to go in this pregnancy, and I have gained 20 lbs. Mr. M reminds me that I am still about 10 lbs lighter than what I was at the beginning of the year before I started living the life. I need to pull out my old pregnancy dvd workout, walk around the block, and break out my new Christmas hand weights. I know that will make a huge difference in the way I feel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
"When Michael goes in to the bathroom to help her, she points to the door and says, "OUT!""
This will expand into other rooms in the house, and continue through the teen years :)
Sending many, many prayers for your entire sweet family. :)
Why are you considering homeschool?
Ethan is a star! I hope to be as responsible as he is one day.
Anonymous, it is mainly because of Scott's ongoing requests since September.
I'm rejoicing with you about Elizabeth's self potty training. I had a hard time with Chloe's training and Charlotte is still in diapers. Also can't wait to hear about your homeschooling success.
Ok, that Ethan blows me away. Just awesome. Lazy me, I got cross just READING about someone getting up that early and getting on with the day.
And hooray for Elizabeth! Would you have her call and explain her motivation to Thor? Thanks.
Post a Comment