Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Child's play and political speeches

You may remember Harvey and Snortey, our resident super pigs. Evidently, there was a recently-held election. I found these speeches (written by Ethan) on a sheet of crumpled notebook paper upstairs in the playroom. Transcribed as written (spelling and punctuation).

Snortey:

It is an honor to be before you today. I will be honored if you pick me for President. I say that I should be president of the small club that we have formed and these are the reasons why. I am an expert in leading, I protect pigs, and I would like it if someone would get me a popsicle.

Harvey:

Hello pigs and piglets. It is a pleasant day to vote. Please pick me for president. And not because I want a popsicle. (pause for laughter) This is the real reason why. I am a good worker and I clean more than Snorty (blow raspbery at Snorty) and I am older and more mature. Please vote for me, Harvey.

5 comments:

Ben said...

Well that's better than anything I've seen in the GOP debates...

Gina said...

Hilarious!

Robin said...

Your kids are brilliant! It's been a very enjoyable time reading up on your latest goings-ons.

Julie said...

this is hysterical! thanks for sharing it :D and I'm really impressed by the spelling & grammar, well done Ethan!

Anonymous said...

Ethan did mine, and Ethan did his. And after He blew a raspberry I walked out and sat on Ethan.