Monday, March 22, 2010

Achievement, independence and self-expression

I love my children. They delight me. And I'm proud of them. Even when they drive me crazy, there is a teeny tiny part of me that revels in telling Mr. M at night HOW crazy they were.

We had parent-teacher conferences with Ethan's teacher today. He got 100% on his last two math tests for the district. He maxed out his reading fluency. And he got elected by his class to receive the Citizenship award at a special ceremony this Friday morning. He's a model pupil from what I can tell. What can I say? He's just like his mother:) Ethan is a very helpful big brother. He loves to make Elizabeth smile. Here is a clip of his efforts. Ummm, you may want to turn down the volume.



Did you notice Scott in the background stirring something at the stove? Those are eggs he is scrambling. He is such an independent guy, and he LOVES to cook. I'm trying to get him more involved in meal preparation. Scott adores both his siblings.





Elizabeth is discovering the range of her voice. She is just like her mother in some regards. When she is hungry, she totally LOSES IT! When she is fed, she is quite content. Here are some of her recent squawks:

1 comment:

Shaun R. said...

I miss those kids. It's been way to long since I've seen them...maybe even a whole week and a half. Glad you're getting good use out of my camera. BTW, I need to borrow it. Going whale watching this weekend.