Saturday, March 21, 2009

Life is good with sleep and exercise

I have been feeling so happy the past two days. It's probably because I am finally getting enough sleep. I've also been getting up earlier and walking Ethan to school. He holds my hand and we walk up the hill together, dodging cars, and wishing for more sidewalks. Yesterday, on our morning walk, Ethan told me all about Garfield's favorite season. Did anyone else know that Garfield loves fall? He loves the colorful, crisp leaves ..... because they remind him of potato chips. Ethan loves spring. He loves the blue sky, the flowers, and the sun. Me too.

In the afternoon, Scott and I walk back to school to bring Ethan home. (My total walking for the day is just under 2.5 miles! Woohoo! Another reason I'm feeling so good! ) Usually, Scott rides in the stroller (better workout for me). On the way home, Scott and Ethan like to run down the hill. Last Thursday, they were adorable. They held hands, told secrets, and raced together to each curb. Then they'd sit and wait for me to arrive with the empty stroller. We'd cross the street together, and they'd take off again, holding hands like best friends. It was one of those sweet, sweet times of being a mom.

Scott talks a lot about things he will do when he's a dad. Yesterday, on the way home, Scott saw someone mowing his lawn. "Mom, when I'm a dad, I'm going to learn how to mow the lawn." I told him, "You don't have to wait to be a dad for that. You can learn when you're a TEENAGER. Did you know that I used to mow the lawn when I was a teenager?" He was curious to know how long it would be before he was a teenager and seemed to think Ethan was practically there.

Over dinner that night, Scott announced, "When I am a dad, and my kids are grown up, I will tell them stories about when I was a teenager and I mowed the lawn."

In conclusion, I like my kids.

6 comments:

Gina said...

What great kids! This also motivates me to get out and walk more. Thank goodness for spring!

Erica said...

That's so cute. What sweet boys. They both seem to have great imaginations.

candice said...

oh they are so cute those kids!

"this is my cousin eden, she's a tease"

so hilarious.

La belle mère said...

Very, very sweet. Thank you for sharing these precious moments. :-)

That Girl said...

I love this. Sweet. Simple. And it makes me smile.

(Pssst. Your potty training story made me laugh out loud!)

Chellers said...

How great that they are such good friends. I look forward to when my two will be able to interact like that. :-)