Friday, July 21, 2006

Mitt Romney, Presidential candidate?

Here's a site dedicated to promoting Mitt Romney as THE Republican candidate. There is some very interesting information there. Check it out, if you're so inclined.

3 comments:

Craig said...

I would say that the chances of Romney being chosen as the Republican candidate are slim to none. The evangelical base that the Bush administration has cultivated would not stand for it. Moreover, the argument that was brought up during Kennedy's run - that he would be bound to the papacy - applies even more here with Romney's covenant to follow the law of consecration.

Anonymous said...

I went to school with Mitt Romney. I knew him casually and we shared a class together, either handball or racketball. He was smart and articulate even then.

I am not so optimistic as to believe he will be selected as the Republican candidate but I am not so cynical as to think it couldn't happen. I do believe that even his candidacy could do some good even if someone else is chosen.

Grandpa D

Anonymous said...

Craig, you're a cynic. But we knew that already. :) You might take a look at http://www.evangelicalsformitt.org/. If evangelicals voted based on candidates' religious beliefs, rather than their politics, they'd have picked the devout peanut farmer over the divorced actor. I think Mitt has more of a chance in the primary than you're giving him—especially with National Review beating his drum like crazy.

I'm afraid the anti-Mormon arguments we hear if Romney does get anywhere won't deal with anything as weighty as the law of consecration. I personally am expecting to spend a lot of time explaining Jewish tzitzit.