Friday, June 30, 2006

Another MUST read: "What Shamu taught me about a happy marriage"

I know, I should rename this blog "Mrs M's favorite articles from the New York Times". Anyway, this one has great ideas on training husbands and kids and made me genuinely laugh out loud. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will make sure your mother-in-law sees this. I think she tried this early on. However, some animals are not trainable.

D

Anonymous said...

Mrs. M, (love your Daily Moos!!) thank you for sharing this article! I "scan" the NYT every morning at work from my computer but never have time to really dive into it and you find the treasures! Great article and I, too, laughed out loud (with heads turning my way, I just smiled and thought, "you're going get this in an email in a few minutes!") and now have shared it with others! It got the wheels rollin' and I think it would work great on my 4 year old's little "let's see how far I can go with this" attitude he's recently developed. My husband has a few quirks that it might work on too. Thanks for sharing!

~Kori L.

Anonymous said...

Very funny. A few years ago I started doing what the article "teaches" as far as my husband not being able to find things. I would jump up and join the fray until one day I figured out that when I'm not home he is able to function, meaning find his stuff. So I stopped responding at all. "Liz! Where are my pants!?" Silence. Ruffle ruffle. "I found them!" "Oh good." That should be in the I'm Going To Be a Wife 101 text.