Saturday, April 29, 2006

Orange wagon wheels

Ethan decided that he wanted to cook today. Fortunately, Ethan is into pretend food so we can encourage his culinary talents without having messes to clean up. After rummaging through the pot cupboard, he found an old alumninum pot. He told me the piano bench was a pretend oven and proceeded to cook. Actually, most of our furniture became a pretend oven at some point since Ethan kept moving the pot away from Scott's curious little hands.

All afternoon he served me pretend quesadillas and pretend ham pizza. Of course, I had to praise his excellent cooking skills and commend him on the flavor. After our family dinner (the real one) Ethan decided make us dessert: "pretend orange candies that look like wagon wheels." We had to take his word on it because they were invisible to us.

I told him that I thought they tasted really great... umm... like creamsicles, I guessed.

"Oh," said Mrs. M, "I thought they tasted a little sour."

What are orange candies that look like wagon wheels supposed taste like? We decided to ask the chef.

"Ethan, what does your candy taste like?"

Looking around, he answered thoughtfully, "Hmmm ... mine tastes like ... chicken."

Yum!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure chicken-flavored candy would sell to well, even to the 3-year-old crowd...