On Christmas morning, the kids received quite a surprise. After searching for clues and then assembling them, they read a message that told them that we were leaving for Cancun, Mexico, in just 2 days. They were quite excited, mostly because they had been begging for plane travel for months.
After a few minutes, this girl unbuckled and announced with a frown, "Mommy, I no like airplanes. I get off."
On our way!
The view from our balcony. "Look at the color of that water!"
Dinner at the Tequila Grill on our first night there
Our waiter brought us all sombreros once Emily grabbed a decorative one for herself.
This girl...
And our other girl...
Ethan was exhausted after our early-morning flight.
I overestimated my strength at the grocery store and had to carry this all home alone. Luckily, it was only a total of about 4 blocks that I had to walk, and the shuttle took care of the remaining distance.
Tulum was magical, another world that you could only enter though a hole in a stone wall.
A little wrestling after our pottery painting
The master at work. He touched up all the projects and then glazed and fired them.
Who do you suppose created this out of seaweed?
Chichen Itza
The Chichen Itza gang
Here we all are, waiting for our transport to the airport to return home.
No comments:
Post a Comment