Thursday, November 13, 2014

Not dead yet

I had a milestone birthday in the last few weeks and wasn't going to do much to celebrate. My friend Kim lured me to her home under pretense of inviting our family to dinner and then all these lovelies jumped out and surprised me! We all rode together in Kim's van and had dinner at the Alamo Cafe. On the drive home, I saw a huge green meteroid streaking across San Antonio. I'll take it for a sign of good luck for the next 40 years:)
One of the great surprises of my life. I was so happy that I almost cried. Thank you, my kind friends! 

The cake made me laugh (and no, I didn't chop my hair off -it's in a braid). 

This was the best cake I can recall eating in all my life - a moist vanilla crumb with yummy marshmallow fondant! The beads around the bottom tasted like childhood - Canadian milk chocolate.

1 comment:

Ben said...

nice cake!