Sunday, May 26, 2013

Catching up

“Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”

Anyone recognize the film? Anyone? A more accurate statement for me would be if I don't take time to document life, I will forget what has happened. Our camera was destroyed by a curious child, so phone pictures are all I have lately. This is sad because Mr. M and I are taking off to Spain and France for two weeks. Alone! My mom arrives tomorrow night to watch our kids, and my aunt Pudge arrives Tuesday as backup for mom. 

This is the 2nd year that I have gone to Los Angeles in the spring. Last year, it was Mr. M's dissertation defense, the celebration of his graduation, and the winners' concert of the Glendale Piano Competition. This year, the board of directors decided it was worth flying me out to be present for auditions. I went by myself and spent a few glorious days visiting friends, running, eating good food, and working for the Glendale Piano Competition. I didn't take enough pictures, obviously, but I'm happy to have this one of dear friends in Glendale. I love visiting our old ward in Glendale. There are people who remember our family even though it is has now been over 5 years since we left the ward, and I always feel like a rock star there. Looking forward to next year! Special thanks to my hosts in LA and to Mr. M for holding down the fort at home.

Jason and Jamie
For Mother's Day, Scott made me a card. I am not sentimental about tangible objects, except for a few items, but I do like to remember these things.  What amazed me about this card was how two fairly new-to-me things made the list inside: running and the Orange Rhino Challenge. I was quite happy about that. I'm a miserable failure at the Orange Rhino Challenge, but I keep starting over and trying again and that's something.
If you are familiar with Scott's art, you will recognize that this cow looks a lot like a pig.




I wanted to document the humongous bug bites that Emi woke up with last week. They have since faded, but are still visible and the skin is quite tough. Luckily, they don't seem to have bothered her much.



Last, but not least, a video from Elizabeth's dance recital. She's on the far right. 

3 comments:

Maria Babin said...

how fun! and how lucky that christy and ben are in paris now! christy knows paris so well now and we're always amazed by her débrouillardise! although i'm sure you'd do fine on your own!! have fun!

Kristi said...

Hooray for a place where you feel like a rock star! And great job for starting over again on the orange rhino challenge.

liz j said...

I can't believe Elizabeth is old enough to have a dance recital!!