Sunday, March 10, 2013

Scott is 8

Our swine-loving son celebrated a big birthday this weekend and turned 8! In our faith tradition, this is considered the age of accountability, and it is is the age that a person can be baptized. Scott has been looking forward to being 8 for quite a while, in part because he was excited to be baptized and in part because he will be joining the Cub Scouts.

Here we all are, slightly out of focus, after the baptism.

A card from some friends. The inside read, "You would now be a very wet one! Welcome to the church, brother (last name)!"

The pig brownies we ate in celebration of Scott's birthday




4 comments:

Kristi said...

Congratulations, Scott! That wet pig card is cute. Is there a pig in the middle of the candles on the brownie? I can't see it very well. Do you have a non-candled picture so that I can see your handiwork?

Erin said...

Scott says thanks. I used a cookie cutter in the shape of a pig to cut out the center of the brownies and elevated it with pink marshmallows. I don't think there is a non-candled picture, however.

Gina said...

Happy day! You all are beautiful!

Jenny said...

Congratulations!